John Grundy, the North East's favourite TV historian turns his attention to the history of Newcastle upon Tyne. In his inimitable style he tackles questions such as:
- Where did the Roman bridge at Newcastle actually lead to?
- What did St Wilfred choose as a holiday souvenir from his trip to Rome?
- Why did medieval Newcastle need town walls?
- How was Newcastle reviewed on the 17th century version of Trip Advisor?
- Why did the Mayor of Newcastle burn down North Shields?
- Where did Newcastle imprison the King?
Always knowledgeable, often funny and sometimes irreverent, this book will be treasured by anyone who is interested in our great regional capital.
Publisher: Tyne Bridge Publishing
Author: John Grundy